Awesomemath Academy Online Platforms
AwesomeMath uses Zoom and Google Classroom platforms for all online Academy courses. Please read through the following information to familiarize yourself with each platform before attending your first class. If you have any questions about Zoom or Google Classroom, please contact us.
Zoom is a cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set up virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing, and other collaborative capabilities. To read more about Zoom, please visit their web page.
Google Classroom is a web service developed by Google for schools that aims to simplify creating, distributing, and grading assignments. The primary purpose of Google Classroom is to streamline the process of sharing files between teachers and students. To learn more about Google Classroom, please visit their web page.
If you do not have a Gmail address or Google account, you have two options:
- You can create a new student Gmail account
- Create a Google account with an existing student email address. Make sure to select “Use my current email address instead“Students under 13 should have their parents help them create an account.
How to access your Google Classroom and Live classes on Zoom
- 3 days before your first class you will get a Google Classroom class code
- Go to https://classroom.google.com/ and click on the + in the upper right hand corner
- Choose Join class and enter you class code
- To get your Zoom Meeting ID and password, click on the down arrow “∨” in the course header
- Once you have your Zoom Meeting ID and password, you need to download the Zoom application on your computer or smartphone
- If you already have the Zoom application, please make sure it is updated to reduce the chances you will have issues access you live classes
Helpful Hints, Recommendations, and Important Rules to Follow
- When you sign into Zoom to attend live classes please sign in using your full name (the same you used to enroll in the course)
- Upon signing in you will be placed in a waiting room and after we check your name against the course roster, you will be let into the class
- Please have your camera on upon joining the class unless the teacher is instructing you otherwise
- We record all classes (lecture time) so students can watch them if they miss a class (or in case they would like to go over some of the material presented). Recordings are not meant to be used as a substitute for live classes