The main areas covered are:
- Telescoping sums and products in algebra and trigonometry
- The use of complex numbers and de Moivre’s Formula
- Abel’s summation formula
- Mathematical induction
- Combinatorial identities
- Multiplicative functions and the use of M¨obius function.
The theory is presented together with rich examples. At the end, you are invited to solve problems from a list of 125 questions divided into three levels.
- Titu Andreescu and Marian Tetiva
- Number Theory
- Hardcover: 340 pages
- Publisher: XYZ Press (2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0-9993428-1-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-9993428-1-7