Year-Round Program (Online)
This online program is intended for students who have a good handle on AMC competitions, meaning that they already qualified for AIME/USAMO and are looking to further develop their proof writing skills. This program will help students learn problem-solving strategies and techniques to further improve their AIME/USAMO scores.
Why choose AMY?
“…The true beauty of pre-university level mathematics is captured in a single problem, making any Mathematics lover feel contented” ~ Anant Mugdal
- You will be exposed to fascinating and charming pearls of Elementary Mathematics. Each of the six segments showcases an instructor’s own, unique approach.
- Each author brings his vast problem solving experience to the program and influences students to innovate and think critically.
- Emphasis is placed on developing intuition and transforming insights into fully reasoned and articulate proofs.
- Simple ideas are transformed and applied in such ways that one is amazed at the possibilities and the creativity employed.
- The featured problems are designed to challenge and excite. Delving into and delighting in the beauty of the solution makes the process meaningful and enjoyable.
- Learn and develop the invaluable skill of proof writing that is critical, not only in math contests, but also research and many other areas of life.
- The six independent sections of AMY provide a short online course on the topic organized as if taught to a class. You learn the subject matter by working through the examples and problems.
- You receive depth and breadth for each topic coupled with feedback, video tutorials, and access to the authors as well as peers.
- There are 25-75 problems per packet for all skill levels: Easy, Medium, and Hard. The problems allow you to really stretch your problem-solving muscles.
If you are an individual learner willing to invest at least 3 hours per week on well-conceived problems with rigorous proofs, you will find your abilities blossom and your motivation increase. This investment in critical thinking, creative logical thought, and interesting ideas will be an asset to all those who choose the AMY program.
Click here for frequently asked questions.
|Aug – Sept 2017||Vlad Crisan||Trigonometry|
|Oct – Nov||Enrique Trevino||Geometry from Ancient to Modern Times|
|Dec 2017 – Jan 2018||M. Tip Phaovibul||Abstract Algebra in Olympiads and Beyond|
|Feb – Mar||Bogdan Enescu||Combinatorial Strategies|
|Apr – May||Catalin Turcas||Elements of Algebraic Number Theory in Olympiad Problems|
|Jun – Jul||Cosmin Pohoata||Probabilistic Methods in Olympiad Combinatorics and Beyond|